Loans are permitted for those access card holders who are either Italian citizens or who currently live in Italy. They may borrow a maximum of 5 books for a duration of 30 days (renewable for another 15 days upon request).
The following works are excluded from the loan policy:
- Works from the reference and the periodical rooms
- Works published before 1900
- Works received through bequests or deposits, with the condition that they have to be consulted on-site
- Master's theses
- Manuscripts, typescripts and archival materials
- Drawings, prints, photographs and maps
- Books in bad shape with regard to conservation, loose-leaf editions, pamphlets gathered in volumes, items with exceptional size
- Microfilms and microfiches
- Materials in use for ongoing projects at the Museo Galileo
- Works on hold for courses or seminars at the Museo Galileo
It is possibile to reserve library documents for loan or for consultation. Requests must be sent at least one day in advance.
Users are not allowed to photocopy on-site. A short loan is permitted for off-site photocopies.
It is possible to apply for digital copies of those works which are not protected by copyright.
Moreover, the library allows users to reproduce documents using their own photographic equipment, in compliance with the current Italian legislation and for personal study and research purposes only.
Copies of articles printed in journals not owned by the library can also be requested, provided the reproductions are free of charge in ACNP.
Each user can make up to 3 requests per month.
If you wish to send recommendations for the library collection, please complete the corresponding form.