The following works are excluded from consultation:
- Archival documents subjected to privacy protection
- Manuscripts, typescripts and other unpublished materials, if not approved by the author, due to copyright policy
- Books in bad shape with regard to conservation, whose conditions could get worse
- Reproductions realized within the frame of Museo Galileo projects and therefore intended for internal use only
Loans are permitted for those access card holders who are either Italian citizens or who currently live in Italy. They may borrow a maximum of 5 books for a duration of 30 days (renewable for another 15 days upon request).
The following works are excluded from the loan policy:
- Reference works
- Works published before 1900
- Works received through bequests or deposits, with the condition that they have to be consulted on-site
- Archival documents, manuscripts, typescripts and other unpublished materials
- Drawings, prints, photographs and maps
- Books in bad shape with regard to conservation, loose-leaf editions, pamphlets gathered in volumes, items with exceptional size
- Microfilms and microfiches
- Reproductions intended for internal use and materials in use for ongoing projects at Museo Galileo
- Works on hold for courses or seminars at Museo Galileo
To reserve library documents for loan or for consultation, please go to the opac and click "Reserve" in the bibliographic record full view. Requests must be sent at least one day in advance.
Users are not allowed to photocopy on-site. A short loan is permitted for off-site photocopies.
To apply for digital copies of of copyright-free works, please go to the opac and click "Request info" in the bibliographic record full view.
Moreover, the library allows users to reproduce documents using their own photographic equipment, in compliance with the current Italian legislation and for personal study and research purposes only.
Copies of articles printed in journals not owned by the library can also be requested, provided the reproductions are free of charge in ACNP.
Each user can make up to 3 requests per month.