• Event

Piccoli Grandi Saperi (Nuggets of Knowledge for Children)

Weekend Activities at My Accademia Bookshop for those that love Art, Music and using their Imaginations to have Fun

February 18th – May 12th, 2012

Museo Galileo has collaborated with the Didactic Sections of Polo Museale Fiorentino and the Superintendent of Tuscany's Archeological Heritage to promote a new program dedicated to children of all ages that will be held at My Accademia Bookshop. The program includes free guided visits of Florence's State Museums as well as activities like and orchestra or visits from "Galileo Galilei" to the bookshop where he will explain some of his discoveries using illustrative pop-up books.

MUSEO GALILEO’s COMPLETE PROGRAM SCHEDULE

Meet the Great Galileo Galilei
An animator dressed-up as Galileo Galilei will recount the highlights of this famous scientist’s life as well as explain some of Museo Galileo’s scientific collection.
Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 3:30 pm
My Accademia Bookshop, Via Ricasoli 105r, Florence

Experimenting and Learning with Museo Galileo’s Scientific Instruments
A museum animator dressed in époque clothing will provide a taste of some of the museum’s instruments using model replicas. This activity is designed to draw the interests of children 6 and over.
Saturday, March 17th at 3:30 pm

Museo Galileo: Where Science is Entertainment
An animator dressed in 1700's époque will recount the curiosities of the scientific revolution from this era.
Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 3:30 pm

How to Participate

Participation in this activity is free of charge with the proof of purchase of at least one book from My Accademia Bookshop. Reservations are required. At the conclusion of each meeting a small snack will be served. The guided visits are designed for children between the ages of 6 and 13. All children must be accompanied by an adult. All activities that require museum entrance fees will follow the following state guidelines:
European Community Citizens between 0 -18 years and over 65 Free
European Community Citizens between 18 and 25 will qualify for a reduced fee
Non-EU citizen children 6 to 18 will pay full admission prices

All visits and activities will be held exclusively in Italian.

Information and reservations:
055 288310
or
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.