- Data Controller: the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data;
- Data Processor: a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
- Identity Provider: IT system that provides the federated authentication service for Users of a specific Organization;
- Resources: third-party services or of the Owner to which the User of the federated authentication service intends to access;
- Federation of Identities: A group of entities providing federated authentication services and Entities providing access to resources who decide to interoperate according to a set of common rules;
- User: natural person who uses the service;
- Interested: natural person whose personal data are being processed by the Owner and any third parties (coincides with the User)
Identity Provider (IdP)
The federated authentication service allows users of Museo Galileo - Institute and Museum of the History of Science to access federated resources using their institutional credentials.
The Resources can be provided through the Italian Federation of Identities of Universities and Research Bodies (IDEM), or directly.
The Federated Authentication Service is responsible for authenticating the user and issuing an authentication token and, if required, a minimum set of personal data to access the Resource.
The Museo Galileo - Istituto e Museo di Storia della Scienza is the owner of the processing of personal data managed through the Service.
|Data Processor (GDPR Section 4)
|Museo Galileo - Istituto e Museo di Storia della Scienza
Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali
Categories of personal data concerned
Purpose of the processing of personal data
Provide the federated authentication service in order to access the resources requested by the interested party.
Check and monitor the proper functioning of the service and ensure its security (legitimate interest).
Fulfill any legal obligations or requests from the judicial authority.
Third parties to whom the data are disclosed
In order to correctly provide the service, the Data Controller communicates to the suppliers of the Resources to which the User intends to access proof of authentication and only the personal data (attributes) required, in full compliance with the principle of minimization.
Personal data are transmitted only when the interested party requests access to the third party's resource.
For purposes related to the legitimate interest of the Owner or the fulfillment of legal obligations, some log data may be processed by third parties (e.g. CERT, CSIRT, Judicial Authority).
Exercise of the rights of the interested parties
Contact the data controller at the addresses indicated above to request access to personal data and the correction or cancellation of the same or the limitation of the processing concerning him or to oppose their treatment, or to exercise the right to portability of the data (articles from 15 to 22 of the GDPR).
Revocation of the consent of the interested party
The only data that is collected with the consent of the interested party are the preferences regarding the transmission of the attributes to third parties. The preferences are collected at the time of the first access to the Resource and can be eliminated, with the result of withdrawing the consent to their transmission, starting the login procedure again and checking the box "Clear prior granting of permission for release of your information to this service".
The interested party can request the portability of their data relating to the federated authentication service, including preferences regarding the transmission of the attributes to third parties, which will be provided in an open format and pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR. The portability service is free of charge upon termination of the service.
Duration of Data Retention
All personal data collected in order to provide the federated authentication service are kept for as long as it is necessary to provide the service itself.
After 3 months from deactivation, all personal data collected or generated by the use of the service are deleted.
Here you can find the Information Page of the Museo Galileo - Istituto e Museo di Storia della Scienza: Information Page