Museo Galileo today

In recent decades the Istituto e Museo di Storia della Scienza has experienced a strong expansion with the growth of visibility of the museum activities and the organization of temporary exhibitions, as well as with the impressive increase in library collections, the assiduous commitment to promoting research, the dense publication of journals and volumes and the massive investment in information and communication technology at the service of historical-scientific research.

The name Museo Galileo was adopted in 2010 after a radical renovation of the museum’s premises and contents. The subtitle Istituto e Museo di Storia della scienza provides a link to its earlier history and shows that the institution keeps considering the activities of documentation and research the focus of highest attention.

In 2018 a new statute replaced the original one, which dates back to 1927.

previous arrowprevious arrow
next arrownext arrow
Slider